Summer is officially here, we are halfway through the year and trust me when I tell you that the next 6 months will go by even faster. Like many people, you probably set one or two goals (or many more!) to start the year. How are you progressing with those goals? More importantly – do you have a plan for taking the necessary steps to complete one small goal, then another, and then another, in your quest to achieving your biggest goal of all? Be completely honest with yourself.
On a scale from 1-10 (10 being “I’m there!”), how would you rate your success in each of the following areas…
- Living your dream life?
- Finances and creating wealth?
- Health and wellbeing?
- Living from a place of love?
- Creating Your Ideal Life Plan?
- If you didn’t put a “10” next to any of these, I’d like to personally guide you there. That’s right, I can help you manifest your ideal life, regardless of what you’d like to accomplish.
- If you’ve fallen behind or have lost momentum on your quest to success this year, that’s okay… are you ready to focus your time and attention? What will you have accomplished by the end of the year?
- Will you be closer to living the life you dream about? Or will you still be right where you are now, hoping that change will come soon but not doing much to make it happen?
Not following through on your commitment to a goal also drains your energy. And, thinking and worrying about not following through multiplies the energy drain. You may find that your physical energy feels drained or weakened and your emotional energy may feel deflated or frustrated. Your mental energy most likely is distracted and less focused as your inner voice is debating and defending why you are not moving forward.
And if the goal is tied to something important like your purpose, your spiritual energy will feel disconnected and uninspired. The good news is, you can shift your perspective right now, in this very second. Change doesn’t have to take a lot of time, you just have to change your “belief” that it does.
Regardless of where you are today, I am giving you 3 steps to get you started:
- Get Clear on the “what” you want to create – The first and most important step in creating anything in your life is to get really clear about what you are creating. The best way to do this is by “feeling” your way into it. Take some time to go for a walk in nature, find a comfortable place to meditate or just close your eyes and focus on your breath. As you do, in your mind’s eye get a clear vision of what it will look like once you achieve your goal. With that picture clearly in your mind, begin to notice what is different, who is there with you, what is happening around you, what sounds do you hear, what has changed. Now begin to notice how you feel. Memorize everything about that feeling. How does your body feel, how do you feel mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Memorize it all and keep it in your pocket. You can create this feeling inside you at any moment. Remember, when it comes to manifesting you must believe it and feel it as if you already have it, then it will easily and smoothly come into your life.
- Embrace the power of “focus” – The only place we can truly live our life is in the present moment, not in the past as we think about the way things have been, or in the future as we plan or dream about where we want to be. The same is true for creating meaningful change in our life. In this hectic, busy world full of distractions we must find ways to purposely create moments to focus on our goals. This means scheduling time on your calendar for you. When I was busy working in the corporate world I would set up meetings with myself on my work calendar. A time that was just for me to focus on recharging my energy battery, spend time on a personal project or just breathe and recover. The important thing is to guard these times and hold them precious, not give them away for an important meeting that appears as an invitation on your calendar. Now I realize some times you may have make an exception. The key is if you do have to change your personal meeting, remember to shift it to another time not simply cancel it.
- Embrace taking “baby” steps– One of the biggest challenges I hear from my clients is, “I can’t take enough time in my busy schedule to make a difference”. I suggest you consider shifting that perspective, instead of focusing on “Not enough time”, shift your thinking to “What one step can I take in the time I have”. Whether it is 10, 20 or 30 focused minutes, you can do more towards your desired goal in that time than you could spending two hours of unfocused time. And, you will be pleasantly surprised how quickly you will move toward your goal.
The key is to regularly schedule times for you and “seize the moments” as they arise. After all what is more important than you and remember, minutes are made of seconds and hours are made of minutes. Learning to live your life purposefully in the moment will positively change your life and bring you closer to living the ideal life you dream to live.
If you’re ready to take control of your life and inject it with unprecedented amounts of energy, clarity, confidence, and abundance, I want to personally help. Act now and make this summer season one that’s moving you forward towards your goals and dreams.